I have an exam this week and the review contained 200 exam prep questions. I have answered and worked my A. off on the and these are the 25 out of 200 I couldn’t figure out. They may seem remediale to some of you but I am asking to please help me with these last few so I can study the correct answers thanks.
1.Which of the following are power management protocols?
2. Which of the following would you want to remove from a system that would serve solely as a firewall?(Choose all that apply.)
3. Which tool would you use to setup a firewall on a Linux system?
4. What is the intended purpose of the rc.local or boot.local startup script?
A)Sets system time zone and language defaults
B)Holds startup commands for its specific computer
C)Displays startup messages
D)Verifies that all other startup scripts are operating correctly
5. Which of the following protocols can help with configuration of SCSI devices?
6. Which of the following is not a responsibility of lpd?
A)Maintaining printer queues
B)Accepting print jobs from remote machines
C)Informing applications of printer’s capabilities
D)Sending data to printers
7. Which of the following would show the contents of a tarball, including size and time stamps?
8. Which of the following does an ethernet switch allow but a hub does not?
B)Linking more than five computers
C)Full duplex operation
D)Use with 10 Base 5 cabling
9. What types of devices may be attached via the USB port?(Choose all that apply)
10. How would you direct the output of the uptime command to a file called uptimestats.txt?
B)uptime > uptimestats.txt
C)uptime | uptimestats.txt
D)uptime < uptimestats.txt
11. What role does BIND fill?
A)Allows programs to use dynamic library files
B)Translates between names and IP addresses
C)Ties together POP and SMTP servers
D)Binds and IP address to a network interface
12. You think that a router between you and a server is preventing access, which command would you use to narrow down where the problem is?
13. Which of the following when typed in Vi's command mode, saves the file and quits the program?
14.Where may the Linux root(/) partition reside?
A)On a primary or logical partition
B)On a logical partition only
C)On a primary partition only
D)On a partition that falls below the 1,024th cylinder
15. Where in a network may a network firewall reside?(Choose all that apply.)
A)In the walls between important offices
B)On an individual computer
C)In a router between network segments
D)In expensive network cables
16. Which of the following commands would provide information on programs that are consuming too much CPU time?
17. Which of the following commands would allow you to view the last few lines of a file?
18. Which tool can you use to measure a hard disks speed on a Linux machine?
19. Which of the following may be used to create a swap partition?(Choose all that apply)
20. Which of the following commands will install an RPM package?
21. Which of the following is true of public domain and open source software?
A)They're the same thing
B)Both allow free distribution of software
C)Represent opposing philosophies
D)They can not legally appear on the same distribution medium
22. Under which of the following circumstances might you need to edit the /etc/fstab file?
A)A hard disk has been added to the computer
B)A zip disk has been added into the zip drive
C)System performs a disk check and reports no errors
D)/boot/grub/menu.lst boot options has been changed
23. What tool can diagnose and correct many common Linux filesystem problems?
24. Which programs can be used to load a module?(Choose all that apply)
25. Which of the following directories must reside on its own partition.
D)None, it's optional for all directories